Israel called off devastating strike on Hezbollah, says IDF source

Israeli planes had reportedly already taken flight and were prepared to crush Hezbollah’s missile program, but the strike was called off when the terror group’s attack on Sunday caused no casualties.

By World Israel News Staff

One day after Hezbollah fired anti-tank missiles at Israeli positions near the Lebanese border, the Israeli military revealed that it was ready to deliver a decisive blow to the terror group’s missile program, according to report by a Channel 12 News.

The IDF sources that relayed the information to Channel 12 claimed that IAF fighter jets had taken flight on Sunday to initiate the counter-strike, but were sent back to Israeli territory when Hezbollah’s attack on Israel failed to cause any casualties.

According to Israeli officials, the terror group’s inability to inflict damage on Israeli positions “saved” Hezbollah chief Hassan Nasrallah from Israel “crushing Hezbollah’s rocket project.” According to the quoted officials, the Israeli jets were armed and ready to strike Hezbollah facilities in Lebanon.

On Monday, Israeli officials also announced that Lebanese Prime Minister Saad Hariri contacted France, Egypt and the United States after the confrontation on Israel’s border to communicate that Hezbollah sought to avoid any further escalation.

Hariri took action after Israel launched around 100 shells at targets in Lebanon in retaliation for Hezbollah’s strike.

Read  WATCH: Terrorists simulate kidnapping IDF soldier in Gaza military drill

“The bottom line is that Hezbollah sent us messages to hold our fire,” said an Israeli official quoted by Times of Israel.

According to the Times, the same official implicitly took credit on Israel’s behalf for recent strikes in Iraq, Lebanon, and Syria that had been pinned on Israel.

All of these strikes involved factions and proxies backed by Iran.

“We were in simultaneous attack mode in multiple places,” the official stated.

On Monday, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu released a video statement, directly referencing Hezbollah terror chief Nasrallah, stating, “The man in the bunker in Beirut knows exactly why he is in a bunker.”

“We will continue to do everything necessary to keep Israel safe — at sea, on the ground and in the air — and we will continue to confront the threat of precision missiles,” Netanyahu added.