Israel News

IDF forces kill terrorist during riots in northern Jerusalem, Arab media reports

A Palestinian Arab terrorist was shot and killed and three wounded by the IDF on Monday night, according to reports.

By World Israel News Staff

A Palestinian Arab terrorist was shot and killed and three wounded by Israel Defense Forces during riots on Monday night in an Arab neighborhood of northern Jerusalem, according to Arab media reports.

The terrorist was identified as Mohammed Adwan, 23, from the Qalandia refugee camp.

The alleged incident happened as IDF and Israeli Border Police were conducting searches during which a violent riot broke out. Rioters threw stones and explosives at Israeli forces. Israeli soldiers responded with live fire, according to Arab reports.

Israel has not independently confirmed the event.

However, the IDF Spokesman’s Office did report that Israeli forces conducted a search in the village of Beit Ummar, northwest of Hebron, where a home-made Carlo-style submachine gun common to the Palestinian areas was found.

A Carlo-style weapon was found. (IDF)

Israeli forces also arrested 12 wanted individuals suspected of terrorist activities Judea and Samaria. The suspects were handed over for questioning to the Shin Bet, Israel’s internal intelligence service.

Share
Published by
David Isaac
Tags: IDF Palestinian riots

Recent Posts

  • Videos

WATCH: Ambassador Huckabee praises the resilience of the Israeli people

US Ambassador Mike Huckabee said Israel's thriving economy, booming construction, and unshakable national resolve prove…

1 hour ago
  • World News

Abdul El-Sayed’s secret bookshelf features works from WTC bombing ‘unindicted co-conspirator’ and radical Islamic scholars

The collection of books on El-Sayed's bookshelf reflects his scholarly interest in Islam, including in…

2 hours ago
  • Israel News

IDF marks seven decades of global humanitarian relief efforts

In 1985, roughly 350 IDF reservists, including medical, search and rescue, and engineering teams, were…

2 hours ago
  • Videos

WATCH: ‘We prepared 5,000 graves for US invaders,’ says Iranian cemetery official

Tehran public cemetery director Mohammad-Javad Tajik stated that the regime dug 5,000 graves in the…

2 hours ago
  • Arab-Israeli Conflict

No green light granted to entry of int’l force into Gaza, Israel says

The Trump administration notified Congress last month that it would provide more than $206 million…

2 hours ago
  • Israel News

Funding dispute may close down Hebron’s Tomb of the Patriarchs

The site has relied in part on coalition agreement funds that were not formally incorporated…

2 hours ago