Arab-Israeli Conflict

Netanyahu vows ‘total victory’ over Hamas, warns Hezbollah is ‘not immune’

Israeli prime minister pledges IDF will continue war in Gaza until Hamas is eliminated and all Israelis returned.

By David Rosenberg, World Israel News

Israel will strike hostile terrorists operating anywhere, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Sunday, in a veiled threat to the Lebanese terror organization Hezbollah, and Hamas terrorists living in exile.

Speaking at the opening of the government’s weekly meeting Sunday, Netanyahu reiterated his pledge that the IDF will continue operating in the Gaza Strip until Hamas has been destroyed, and all Israeli captives returned.

“I have a clear message for our enemies: What happened on October 7 will not happen again,” Netanyahu said.

“This is the commitment of my government and this is the reason why our soldiers in the field are giving their lives. Our commanders and soldiers, conscripts and reservists, in the north and the south, repeat one thing: ‘We are not coming back – until we carry out [the mission]’ and I say: ‘We are not stopping – until victory.'”

“The war must not be stopped until we achieve all of its goals: Eliminating Hamas, returning all of our hostages and ensuring that Gaza will never again constitute a threat to Israel. I say this to both our enemies and our friends. This is our responsibility and this is our commitment.”

Netanyahu also hinted at the possible expansion of the simmering conflict on Israel’s northern border, warning Hezbollah that Israel is prepared to launch a broad counter-terror operation in southern Lebanon if the Iranian-backed terror group escalates tensions.

“Every other consideration must be set aside, and we must continue until total victory. This victory will be achieved only when we complete our goals and when we restore security to residents of the north and south alike.”

“I suggest that Hezbollah learn what Hamas has already learned in recent months: No terrorist is immune,” Netanyahu said, just days after Hamas deputy chief Saleh al-Arouri – who had been hosted in Beirut – was killed in an airstrike last week attributed to the IDF.

“We are determined to defend our citizens and to return the residents of the north safely to their homes. This is a national goal that we all share and which we are all working to achieve responsibly. If we can, we will do so diplomatically, and if not, we will work in other ways.”

Share
Published by
David Rosenberg
Tags: Benjamin Netanyahu Hamas Hezbollah

Recent Posts

  • Middle East

Trump hails Saudi-Turkey-Pakistan defense pact as ‘big, bold’ step

President Trump lauds Mecca Accords between Islamic powers, linking Saudi Arabia with Pakistan and Turkey.

2 hours ago
  • Arab-Israeli Conflict

Kushner, Blair, Mladenov press Netanyahu to accept new Board of Peace Gaza plan

Jared Kushner, Tony Blair, and Nickolay Mladenov meet with Prime Minister Netanyahu, with the aim…

4 hours ago
  • Videos

WATCH: Trump threatens to bomb Oman ‘if they get in the way,’ advises Iran to surrender

Speaking to Fox News, President Trump called on Iran to raise the white flag of…

5 hours ago
  • World News

Challenging Vance, Trump declares denying Iran nukes ‘number one goal’

As memorandum of understanding with Iran nears end, President Trump rebuts recent comments by Vice…

5 hours ago
  • Israel News

Israeli gov’t fears bid to fly in expats en masse could tilt election in left’s favor

The ruling Likud party threatens legal action against organizers of initiative aimed at flying Israelis…

6 hours ago
  • Jewish Diaspora & Antisemitism

French Jew recounts harrowing antisemitic incident – ‘We feared we would be murdered’

The men eventually managed to escape to their hotel, with members of the crowd pursuing…

6 hours ago