(AP)
Officials are blaming the Lashkar-e-Jhangvi group but ISIS is claiming to be responsible for the attack.
Islamic terrorists attacked a Pakistani police academy late Monday night and killed 59 cadets and trainees and wounded 117.
The death toll is expected to rise.
The terrorists attacked a police training center in the southwestern city of Quetta, killing the victims in their sleep. They waged a four-hour long gun battle with the responding Pakistani security forces before blowing themselves up.
Some 200 surviving trainees were rescued in the operation.
This is one of the deadliest attacks on Pakistan’s security forces in recent years.
No organization has taken responsibility for the attack so far. Major General Sher Afgan, chief of the paramilitary Frontier Corps, told reporters that the terrorists appeared to be in contact with handlers in Afghanistan and that they belonged to the banned Lashkar-e-Jhangvi group, an Islamic terrorist group affiliated with al-Qaeda.
By: World Israel News Staff
Netanyahu turns the tables on Erdogan, pointing to his treatment of the Kurds, support for…
Parnell: 'America’s military remains the most powerful fighting force on earth.'
The suspect posted anti-American messages online, including 'Praise be to Allah for September 11th.'
The IDF said Central Command and the Judea and Samaria Division are carrying out a…
After 44 years of uncertainty, a covert intelligence operation in Syria recovered his remains, closing…
Even as the Islamic Republic fights an external war, its leadership appears to be preparing…