Israel News

Shin Bet chief saved from potential terror attack – here’s how

“This is a very dangerous situation.”

By World Israel News Staff

Sensitive information about Shin Bet (General Security Service) Chief Ronen Bar has been removed from government websites, N23 reported on Tuesday. The information was taken down after a report by the news station last week that revealed that private details about Bar were available to the public.

“This is a very dangerous situation,” said Dr. Harel Menashri, a founder of the Shin Bet’s cyber department, who now heads Cyber at the Holon Institute of Technology in an interview with N12. “Once you have these details, you can plan a lot of things, to act on this intelligence.”

He said that this is “golden information that could be sold to various organizations that want to harm the security chief – and there is no shortage, whether rival, enemy or terrorist organizations.”

N12 had discovered that administrative records about Bar, including for example his house plan, were easily accessible to anyone who looked on government websites. This was despite the fact that Bar is a top security personality who holds one of the country’s most sensitive positions.

Menashri said that there should be a procedure for removing this kind of information from the web when a top appointment like Bar’s is made. He said it would be “problematic but doable.”

Share
Published by
Maayan Hoffman
Tags: intelligence Shin Bet

Recent Posts

  • WhatsApp Brief

US races to prevent Israel-Turkey clash after Syria strikes

The United States is working to establish a military deconfliction mechanism between Israel, Turkey and…

51 minutes ago
  • Arab-Israeli Conflict

Ben-Gvir: Israel is building death row wing, hanging facility for terrorists

A resident of the area who intentionally kills someone in a terrorist attack is subject…

6 hours ago
  • Source-WIN

Israel Confirms Syria Strike After Damascus Ignored Warnings

'Israel will not tolerate threats to its security, and would welcome a return to the…

7 hours ago
  • Arab-Israeli Conflict

IDF Targets Hamas Nukhba commanders planning attacks on Israeli forces in Gaza

One of the Hamas terrorists targeted in the strike had infiltrated Israeli territory during the…

7 hours ago
  • Source-WIN

Damascus confirms nuclear material as Israel warns against Syrian nuclear activity

Syria's foreign ministry said the nuclear material is for civilian uses and will comply with…

8 hours ago
  • World News

Trump rules out Iran talks as missiles target UAE, ship in Strait of Hormuz

Washington is considering a complete withdrawal from the Gulf and the evacuation of U.S. bases…

8 hours ago