Israel News

Tensions high in Israel’s north as IDF expects Hezbollah to strike again

“Complex and tense days are ahead of us,” said the IDF’s spokesman.

By David Isaac, World Israel News

Tensions remain high on Israel’s border with Lebanon after a foiled Hezbollah infiltration attempt on Monday. The terror group vows it still plans revenge for the killing of one of its members last week.

Hours after the incident, Hezbollah said its planned retaliation will “surely come.”

“Our response is yet to come – the Zionists must only wait for punishment for the crimes,” it also said, part of a series of threats it made following the attack.

Hezbollah denied the infiltration on Monday ever took place. “Everything that was reported in the Israeli media – is not true. This is an invention,” it said in a statement.

Pro-Hezbollah elements even suggested that Israel had invented the incident to give the terror group the chance to take credit for an operation and announce that it had taken revenge without having to do so.

On Monday afternoon around 3:30 p.m., Israel reported a group of three-to-four Hezbollah terrorists tried to cross the border. According to Israel’s Channel 12, they were spotted by an alert soldier at an IDF outpost – a fresh, 19-year-old female recruit.

IDF reinforcements were quickly called to the area and engaged the Hezbollah forces. Reports on the Lebanon side said the terror cell fired a Kornet anti-tank missile at an Israeli tank, but this has not been independently confirmed.

The IDF then covered the area with smoke projectiles as a screen to prevent Hezbollah from targeting the IDF. One of the projectiles reportedly hit a house in the Shebaa Farms area on the Lebanon side. No injuries were reported.

After the incident, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu warned that Hezbollah’s leader Hassan Nasrallah was “playing with fire.”

“Any attack against us will be met with great strength,” he said.

IDF Spokesman Hedi Zilberman said following the incident, “complex and tense days are ahead of us, we continue to work to defend the sector – IDF forces are ready and willing to continue as needed.”

Hezbollah says it wants revenge for the killing of Ali Kamel Mohsen Jawad in a July 20 airstrike in Damascus attributed to Israel.

Share
Published by
David Isaac
Tags: Hezbollah IDF Israel-Lebanon border

Recent Posts

  • World News

Albany Woman charged with plotting ISIS bomb attack on New York State Capitol

Bowie posted anti-American messages online, including 'Praise be to Allah for September 11th.'

35 minutes ago
  • Arab-Israeli Conflict

Father of 2022 Tel Aviv terrorist killed after attempted stabbing of Israeli soldier in Jenin

The IDF said Central Command and the Judea and Samaria Division are carrying out a…

1 hour ago
  • Videos

WATCH: Inside the 44 year search for fallen IDF soldier Yehuda Katz

After 44 years of uncertainty, a covert intelligence operation in Syria recovered his remains, closing…

2 hours ago
  • Middle East

Iran’s leaders fear another uprising and the return of the ‘Suppression Sheikh’ proves it

Even as the Islamic Republic fights an external war, its leadership appears to be preparing…

3 hours ago
  • World News

As High Holidays approach, Israeli envoy to United Nations in New York City optimistic in dark times

Danon has heard other diplomats express appreciation for Israel’s 'boldness to stand up,' in particular…

3 hours ago
  • Videos

WATCH: US Air Force Stratotanker refuels an F-16 midair

A U.S. Air Force KC-135 Stratotanker refueled F-16 fighter jets and a KC-46 Pegasus over…

3 hours ago