Agam Berger (19), Arbel Yehud (29) and Gadi Moses (80). (X Screenshot)
Some of the families of hostages scheduled to be released have been informed that there are fears for their loved ones’ lives after Hamas provided Israel with information on the captives on Monday.
By JNS
Israel received from Hamas a list of three Israeli hostages and five Thai captives expected to be released on Thursday, Israel’s public broadcaster Kan News reported on Wednesday.
According to reports, they are expected to be Arbel Yehud, a civilian, Agam Berger, an IDF lookout, and Gadi Moses, an 80-year-old.
On Saturday, Hamas failed to provide a list detailing the status of the hostages slated to be released in the initial stage, as required by the terms of the deal, prompting Jerusalem to postpone the return of Palestinians to northern Gaza.
However, they were allowed to return on Monday morning. Hamas further violated the agreement by not freeing female civilians first.
Instead of releasing Yehud, the Palestinian terror group released four female soldiers on Saturday: Karina Ariev, 20; Daniella Gilboa, 20; Naama Levy, 20; and Liri Albag, 19.
Yehud was taken hostage with her boyfriend, Ariel Cunio, from their home in Kibbutz Nir Oz on Oct. 7, 2023. Cunio, 27, is presumed to be alive but is not listed among those to be released in the first phase of the agreement.
Shiri Bibas, 33, another female civilian hostage, and her two young sons are on the list of hostages to be released during the first phase. However, Hamas claimed in November that they had been killed.
Some of the families of hostages scheduled to be released have been informed that there are fears for their loved ones’ lives after Hamas provided Israel with information on the captives on Monday.
The list did not specify the status of individuals and instead only included an overall number of captives who are claimed to be alive.
While Israeli officials are unable to provide relatives with definitive news regarding the possible deaths of their loved ones, the numbers were said to match the intelligence Jerusalem already possessed.
Three civilian women—Emily Damari, Romi Gonen and Doron Steinbrecher—were released on Jan. 19 in return for 90 terrorists (30 for each civilian) shortly after the ceasefire went into effect.
Netanyahu turns the tables on Erdogan, pointing to his treatment of the Kurds, support for…
Parnell: 'America’s military remains the most powerful fighting force on earth.'
The suspect posted anti-American messages online, including 'Praise be to Allah for September 11th.'
The IDF said Central Command and the Judea and Samaria Division are carrying out a…
After 44 years of uncertainty, a covert intelligence operation in Syria recovered his remains, closing…
Even as the Islamic Republic fights an external war, its leadership appears to be preparing…