Middle East

Trump: ‘Treasonous’ media gives Iran ‘false hope’ it is doing well

Iran faces “economic disaster,” says President Trump, blasting American media coverage of the standoff with the Islamic Republic as misleading and “treasonous.”

By World Israel News Staff

President Donald Trump on Tuesday accused American media outlets of “virtual treason” for claiming that Iran retains significant military capabilities, rejecting recent intelligence assessments that undercut his administration’s claims that Tehran’s forces were largely destroyed in the US-Israeli war.

“When the Fake News says that the Iranian enemy is doing well, Militarily, against us, it’s virtual TREASON in that it is such a false, and even preposterous, statement,” Trump wrote on Truth Social. “They are aiding and abetting the enemy!”

Trump said such reports “give Iran false hope when none should exist,” and called the journalists and commentators behind them “American cowards that are rooting against our Country.”

The remarks followed reports that US intelligence assessments show Iran has regained operational access to 30 of its 33 missile sites along the Strait of Hormuz and retains about 70% of its mobile launchers and prewar missile stockpile.

Trump insisted Iran’s military had been devastated. “Iran had 159 ships in their Navy — Every single ship is now resting at the bottom of the sea,” he wrote. “They have no Navy, their Air Force is gone, all Technology is gone, their ‘leaders’ are no longer with us, and the Country is an Economic Disaster.”

The president added: “Only Losers, Ingrates, and Fools are able to make a case against America!”

Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth and other senior administration officials have also defended the results of Operation Epic Fury, the joint US-Israeli campaign launched in late February.

Hegseth said in April that the operation had “decimated Iran’s military and rendered it combat-ineffective for years to come,” while White House officials have repeatedly dismissed reports suggesting Tehran retains substantial military capabilities.

The dispute comes as the month-old ceasefire with Iran remains fragile and the Strait of Hormuz remains a central point of concern.

US Central Command has said more than 20 American warships are enforcing the blockade against Iran, while oil markets and US allies continue to watch for signs of renewed fighting.

Share
Published by
David Rosenberg
Tags: Donald Trump Iran Iran war

Recent Posts

  • World News

Media ignore Palestine convoy stranded by Iraq after Israel flotilla incident drew outrage

The presence of an Israeli angle can determine whether the difficulties faced by activists become…

3 hours ago
  • Videos

WATCH: Kushner says Iran not interested in a sensible deal

U.S. envoy Jared Kushner gave an update on ongoing negotiations with the Iranian regime, noting…

3 hours ago
  • Arab-Israeli Conflict

Smotrich criticizes Kushner-Hamas talks, encourages continued assassinations of terror leaders

Smotrich has repeatedly advocated Israeli sovereignty over Gaza and the establishment of new Jewish settlements…

4 hours ago
  • Videos

WATCH: Trump reiterates idea to declare Hormuz a US territory, says Iran is in ‘big trouble’

President Trump touted the blockade against Iran, citing the U.S. enabling the flow of millions…

4 hours ago
  • Arab-Israeli Conflict

Israel, US Agree on Gaza Security Red Lines

Israeli officials said the key test will be whether Hamas actually gives up its weapons,…

4 hours ago
  • Videos

WATCH: IDF arrests two terrorists in northern Samaria raid

IDF forces conducted an operation in Qabatiya, searching approximately 100 buildings and arresting two terrorists…

5 hours ago