Middle East

US will face ‘everlasting consequences’ for attacking Iran, Tehran warns

Iran’s foreign minister accuses Trump of “blowing up” diplomacy with Iran, while doubling down on claim that Iran’s nuclear program is “peaceful.”

By World Israel News Staff

Iran’s top diplomat accused the United States of violating international law by bombing three Iranian nuclear facilities over the weekend, warning that the attacks would have “everlasting consequences” for the US.

Shortly after American B-2 bombers hit the nuclear facilities at Fordow, Natanz, and Isfahan, Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi lashed out at the US, reiterated Iran’s long-standing claim – heavily disputed – that its nuclear program is entirely peaceful, and said that American attacks violated the United Nations charter and international law.

“The United States, a permanent member of the United Nations Security Council, has committed a grave violation of the UN Charter, international law and the Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) by attacking Iran’s peaceful nuclear installations,” Araghchi tweeted on Sunday morning.

Araghchi called on all United Nations member states to condemn the American airstrikes.

“The events this morning are outrageous and will have everlasting consequences. Each and every member of the UN must be alarmed over this extremely dangerous, lawless and criminal behavior.”

“In accordance with the UN Charter and its provisions allowing a legitimate response in self-defense, Iran reserves all options to defend its sovereignty, interests, and people.”

Hours later, Araghchi issued a follow-up statement via X, comparing the American strikes over the weekend to Israel’s opening attacks on Iranian nuclear facilities and air defense network on Friday, June 13, accusing both of blowing up nuclear talks with Iran.

“Last week, we were in negotiations with the US when Israel decided to blow up that diplomacy. This week, we held talks with the E3/EU when the US decided to blow up that diplomacy. What conclusion would you draw? To Britain and the EU High Rep, it is Iran which must ‘return’ to the table. But how can Iran return to something it never left, let alone blew up?”

The comments came after British Prime Minister Keir Starmer expressed support for American airstrikes in Iran and called on Tehran to soften is position and return to nuclear talks.

“We support the prevention of Iran obtaining a nuclear weapon,” Starmer told the Sky News TV channel.

“We had proposed a diplomatic course of action, as other European countries had done, the Iranians had rejected that.

Share
Published by
David Rosenberg
Tags: Abbas Araghchi Donald Trump Iran iran nuclear program

Recent Posts

  • World News

US plans to bar Mahmoud Abbas from attending UN General Assembly for second year

Abbas has sought Turkey’s assistance in an effort to persuade Washington to reverse the planned…

2 hours ago
  • World News

European powers condemn E1 plan, warn of sanctions against Israel

The countries also called on Israel to end settlement expansion in Judea and Samaria.

3 hours ago
  • Videos

WATCH: Ambassador Huckabee praises the resilience of the Israeli people

US Ambassador Mike Huckabee said Israel's thriving economy, booming construction, and unshakable national resolve prove…

4 hours ago
  • World News

Abdul El-Sayed’s secret bookshelf features works from WTC bombing ‘unindicted co-conspirator’ and radical Islamic scholars

The collection of books on El-Sayed's bookshelf reflects his scholarly interest in Islam, including in…

4 hours ago
  • Israel News

IDF marks seven decades of global humanitarian relief efforts

In 1985, roughly 350 IDF reservists, including medical, search and rescue, and engineering teams, were…

5 hours ago
  • Videos

WATCH: ‘We prepared 5,000 graves for US invaders,’ says Iranian cemetery official

Tehran public cemetery director Mohammad-Javad Tajik stated that the regime dug 5,000 graves in the…

5 hours ago