Categories: Jewish Diaspora & Antisemitism Source-WIN

ADL office in San Francisco evacuated after bomb threat

“One evacuation is too many,” remarked ADL head Jonathan Greenblatt after the organization’s regional office in San Francisco was cleared out due to a bomb threat. 

The San Francisco regional office of the Anti-Defamation League (ADL), a Jewish organization primarily focused on combating anti-Semitism and all forms of bigotry, was evacuated on Monday evening due to a bomb threat. It happened shortly after a the fifth wave of bomb threats since the start of 2017 against several Jewish institutions occurred across the US earlier in the day.

The office received the threat at about 4:19 in the afternoon. It was the second ADL office to be threatened in recent weeks.

The New York headquarters got a bomb threat last week, which was eventually determined “not credible.”

Although the San Francisco office was evacuated without incident, with local enforcement authorities taking control and launching a follow-up investigation, Jonathan Greenblatt, ADL CEO and national director, takes these warnings seriously.

“One threat or evacuation is one too many, and yet we’ve now seen more than 20 incidents in a single day, not just to ADL, but to children’s schools and community centers — and more than 90 incidents since the start of this year,” Greenblatt stated.

“The level of threats and incidents is astounding, and must not stand,” he continued. “We will do everything in our power to combat this wave of anti-Semitism.”

The JCC Association of North America called for concrete action on the part of federal authorities in response to the wave of threats against Jewish community centers across the US.

“Actions speak louder than words,” said the organization’s director of strategic performance, David Posner. “Members of our community must see swift and concerted action from federal officials to identify and capture the perpetrator or perpetrators who are trying to instill anxiety and fear in our communities.”

Reiterating President Donald Trump’s condemnation of anti-Semitic activity, White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer said on Monday that “the president is dedicated to preserving this originating principle of our nation (of freedom of religion).”

By: Jonathan Benedek, World Israel News

Share
Published by
Jonathan Benedek
Tags: ADL anti-Semitism Bomb threat Jonathan Greenblatt San Francisco

Recent Posts

  • World News

Iranian official: Claims of ongoing negotiations are ‘delusional’

The US-Iran MoU expired Monday as Tehran rejected reports of efforts to extend the agreement.

1 hour ago
  • WhatsApp Brief

Crying on Trump’s shoulder: Erdogan complains about Israel in call with US president

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan urged Donald Trump to pursue diplomacy with Iran while using…

4 hours ago
  • WhatsApp Brief

Kushner’s direct Hamas talks trigger alarm in Palestinian Authority

Palestinian Authority officials are increasingly alarmed after US envoy Jared Kushner met directly with senior…

4 hours ago
  • World News

Media ignores Palestine convoy stranded by Iraq, unconcerned since Israel not involved

The presence of an Israeli angle can determine whether the difficulties faced by activists become…

11 hours ago
  • Videos

WATCH: Kushner says Iran not interested in a sensible deal

U.S. envoy Jared Kushner gave an update on ongoing negotiations with the Iranian regime, noting…

11 hours ago
  • Arab-Israeli Conflict

Smotrich criticizes Kushner-Hamas talks, encourages continued assassinations of terror leaders

Smotrich has repeatedly advocated Israeli sovereignty over Gaza and the establishment of new Jewish settlements…

12 hours ago