Israel News

Documentary on Nova festival massacre ‘We will dance again’ wins Emmy

It uses interviews, recordings and Hamas bodycam footage to depict the events of that tragic day in chronological order.

By JNS

“We Will Dance Again,” a documentary film detailing the Hamas-led terrorist attacks in southern Israel on Oct. 7, 2023, which specifically targeted the Nova music festival near Kibbutz Re’im, won an Emmy on June 26 at the 46th Annual News and Documentary Emmy Awards, held in New York City.

Produced by Paramount Plus, which also distributed “The Children of October 7,” the 90-minute film won for Outstanding Current Affairs Documentary.

It uses interviews, recordings and Hamas bodycam footage to depict the events of that tragic day in chronological order.

“As of tonight, it’s been 620 days that the Israelis and Palestinians in Gaza have experienced a catastrophic pain because of the war triggered by Hamas on Oct. 7,” stated Yariv Mozer, the film’s director, in his acceptance speech.

“ ‘We Will Dance Again’ is a document of history recording events as they happened.”

He said that “we want this cycle of bloodshed to end,” noting the film was dedicated to the hostages still held by the Hamas terror group in Gaza.

“This war should end. This war should not serve the interests of the Israeli government and the Hamas terror group.”

Mozer also stated that Michal Weits, one of the film’s producers, was wounded from an Iranian missile strike in Tel Aviv. Weits is hospitalized and is on track to recover, Mozer reported.

“We Will Dance Again” was also nominated for Outstanding Editing‒Documentary; earlier this year, it received a Television Academy award.

Share
Published by
Yossi Licht
Tags: Documentary Emmys Nova Festival

Recent Posts

  • Jewish Diaspora & Antisemitism

BBC denies ‘comically antisemitic’ phrase was about Jews

Lord Eric Pickles called the BBC's decision not to classify the remark as antisemitic “beyond…

5 minutes ago
  • Jewish Diaspora & Antisemitism

Thai police target Israelis, arrest Ko Samui real estate developer

Thai police issued warrants for 25 Israelis as part of a broader crackdown on suspected…

36 minutes ago
  • World News

Tucker Carlson claims Israel pushed him to falsely accuse Hunter Biden of keeping child porn on laptop

Tucker Carlson says Israel to blame for his false reporting on about Hunter Biden's now…

2 hours ago
  • WhatsApp Brief

Britain threatens Israel with new sanctions over 1,234-home Jerusalem-area project

Britain is threatening new sanctions against Israel after Jerusalem issued a tender for 1,234 homes…

3 hours ago
  • Middle East

‘Don’t’ – Netanyahu warned Turkey not to deploy forces to Syria

Israel will not tolerate Turkish military presence in Syria, says Prime Minister Netanyahu, adding that…

3 hours ago
  • WhatsApp Brief

Trump puts $206 million behind Gaza force to disarm Hamas — but Israel won’t leave until the guns are gone

President Donald Trump is putting more than $206 million behind an international force for Gaza,…

3 hours ago