Arab-Israeli Conflict

Hamas claims it has released two more hostages

Gaza terrorist group says it has transferred two additional captives to the International Red Cross.

By JNS

The Hamas terrorist group claimed to have released on Monday two hostages with dual citizenship.

There was no immediate confirmation from Israel.

The hostages were reportedly handed over to Red Cross representatives who were set to escort them across the border to Israel.

Earlier on Monday, The New York Times reported that Qatar and the United States were negotiating the release of abductees with dual nationality separately from those who have only Israeli citizenship.

Senior Israeli officials have consistently denied involvement in any kind of negotiations related to the release of the Israeli captives.

“Israel will not be a party to a ‘selection’ for holders of foreign passports for release,” a diplomatic source inside the Israeli Prime Minister’s Office was quoted as saying on Monday.

Israel Defense Forces Spokesperson Rear Adm. Daniel Hagari said on Monday that the military has so far confirmed that terrorists kidnapped 222 persons during Hamas’s Oct. 7 attack, in which 1,400 people were massacred in Israel and more than 4,500 were wounded.

On Friday, the terror group freed the first two hostages for what it called “humanitarian reasons.”

“Judith Tai Raanan and her daughter, Natalie Shoshana Raanan, were released by the terrorist organization Hamas,” the Israeli Prime Minister’s Office confirmed. The pair were kidnapped from Kibbutz Nahal Oz during the Oct. 7 invasion of the western Negev.

Also last week, Hamas released a video showing an Israeli abductee with European citizenship.

“I’m Mia Shem, 21 years old from Shoham. Currently, I’m in Gaza. I returned early Saturday morning from Sderot—I was at a party. I was seriously injured in my hand,” the woman says in the clip. She calls on Israel to “get me out of here as soon as possible.”

Shem, a dual French-Israeli national, was kidnapped while attending a music festival in the desert near Kibbutz Re’im, where Hamas gunmen murdered at least 260 festival-goers.

Among the 222 people who were taken hostage were some 20 to 30 children and 10 to 20 people over the age of 60. The hostages included citizens of eight or nine countries in addition to Israel.

Share
Published by
David Rosenberg
Tags: Gaza gaza strip Hamas Israeli captives Israeli captives in Gaza

Recent Posts

  • Middle East

US rips Israel for alleged strike on Syrian airbase

President Trump's envoy to Syria accuses Israel of bombing Syrian airbase, denouncing the attack as…

1 hour ago
  • Arab-Israeli Conflict

IDF carried out secret withdrawal from parts of Gaza – report

Despite claims by Israeli leaders to the contrary, the IDF has reportedly withdrawn from large…

3 hours ago
  • Arab-Israeli Conflict

Kushner warns Hamas: US will allow Israel to ‘finish the job’ if disarmament fails

Jared Kushner says progress in Gaza disarmament could start in as little as one to…

3 hours ago
  • Middle East

Iran’s oil exports down to ‘zero barrels,’ says US Energy Secretary

Top Trump administration official says US is able to get 8-9 million barrels of oil…

4 hours ago
  • Videos

WATCH: Inside an Israeli student’s fight against campus antisemitism

Bar Harel, an Israeli PhD student who was studying in Portugal, endured severe antisemitic abuse…

4 hours ago
  • Arab-Israeli Conflict

Trump: Israel should stop bombing Gaza

Hamas celebrates after President Trump declares that given Board of Peace efforts to move forward…

5 hours ago