Middle East

Hamas terrorists booted from luxury hotel

After uproar, luxurious Cairo hotel expels 154 Hamas terrorists who were freed by Israel this month as part of the hostage deal.

By World Israel News Staff

More than 150 Arab terrorists recently released by Israel in exchange for 20 live hostages who were held in the Gaza Strip were booted from a luxurious Egyptian hotel after their presence drew widespread media attention.

The Daily Mail reported Tuesday that the 154 terrorists released by Israel earlier this month as part of the hostage deal were expelled from the Renaissance Cairo Mirage City Hotel in the Egyptian capital.

Days earlier, the Mail published photographs of several high-profile terrorists lounging at the hotel, including Mahmoud Issa, the founder of an elite Hamas unit that specializes in kidnapping, and several masterminds of suicide bombing attacks such as Samir Abu Nima and Izz a-Din al-Hamamrah.

About 250 of the nearly 2,000 terrorists released by Israel as part of the October deal were transferred to Egypt, with 154 taking up residence at the Renaissance Cairo Mirage.

While the hotel’s owner, the Marriott Group, declined to respond to the initial report on the convicts over the weekend, it appears the venue’s managers quietly removed the terrorists.

The 154 “guests” have now been relocated to another five-star hotel, but one that is situated farther from areas that draw large numbers of Western tourists.

In addition to their new location, the terrorists now face increased security restrictions, according to the Mail report.

For example, they will no longer be permitted to leave the hotel on day passes for visits in Cairo, and the protocols for meetings with visitors in the hotel have been tightened.

According to the report, the terrorists were removed from the Renaissance Cairo Mirage within hours of the publication of the original story after a British airline crew staying at the hotel was “horrified” upon learning that convicted murderers were among the “guests” hosted by the hotel.

Share
Published by
David Rosenberg
Tags: Cairo Egypt Hamas hostage deal luxury hotel

Recent Posts

  • Videos

WATCH: Ambassador Huckabee praises the resilience of the Israeli people

US Ambassador Mike Huckabee said Israel's thriving economy, booming construction, and unshakable national resolve prove…

38 minutes ago
  • World News

Abdul El-Sayed’s secret bookshelf features works from WTC bombing ‘unindicted co-conspirator’ and radical Islamic scholars

The collection of books on El-Sayed's bookshelf reflects his scholarly interest in Islam, including in…

45 minutes ago
  • Israel News

IDF marks seven decades of global humanitarian relief efforts

In 1985, roughly 350 IDF reservists, including medical, search and rescue, and engineering teams, were…

1 hour ago
  • Videos

WATCH: ‘We prepared 5,000 graves for US invaders,’ says Iranian cemetery official

Tehran public cemetery director Mohammad-Javad Tajik stated that the regime dug 5,000 graves in the…

1 hour ago
  • Arab-Israeli Conflict

No green light granted to entry of int’l force into Gaza, Israel says

The Trump administration notified Congress last month that it would provide more than $206 million…

1 hour ago
  • Israel News

Funding dispute may close down Hebron’s Tomb of the Patriarchs

The site has relied in part on coalition agreement funds that were not formally incorporated…

2 hours ago