Arab-Israeli Conflict

Hezbollah ‘didn’t imagine’ how hard Israel would strike, says Netanyahu

After wave of pager and radio bombings, Israeli prime minister vows IDF will continue to hit Hezbollah until the Lebanese terror group ‘gets the message’.

By World Israel News Staff

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu hinted at a major escalation in the simmering conflict between Israel and the Iranian-backed terror group Hezbollah, saying Sunday that Israel would continue to ramp up attacks on the Lebanese organization until it “gets the message.”

In a pair of video statements, recorded in Hebrew and English, Netanyahu vowed to secure Israel’s northern border and restore security to towns across the Galilee and Golan Heights, as tens of thousands of residents remain evacuated nearly a year after the latest round of fighting began between Israel and Hezbollah on October 8th of last year.

“On October 7th, the Hamas terrorist monsters burst into Israel, murdered our people, raped and beheaded our women, burnt babies alive, and took 255 innocent people hostage, including many Americans,” Netanyahu said.

“A day later, on October 8th, another Iranian terrorist proxy, Hezbollah, attacked Israel completely unprovoked. They fired missiles and rockets into our cities. They made 60,000 Israelis leave their homes along the Lebanon border, becoming refugees in their own land.”

“In the subsequent months, they haven’t stopped for a single day attacking us. No country can accept the wanton rocketing of its cities. We can’t accept it either.”

“We will take whatever action is necessary to restore security and to bring our people safe back to their homes.”

In the Hebrew video statement, Netanyahu alluded to a series of explosions across Lebanon and Syria last week, in which thousands of pagers and hand-held radios issued by Hezbollah to its operatives exploded simultaneously.

“Over the past few days we hit Hezbollah with a string of strikes that it didn’t imagine,” Netanyahu said, hinting at greater measures should the terror group fail to “get the message.”

“If Hezbollah didn’t get the message, I promise you, it will get the message.”

 

Share
Published by
David Rosenberg
Tags: Benjamin Netanyahu Hezbollah IDF Lebanon

Recent Posts

  • World News

Iranian hackers shut down UK power plant for days

Iran-linked hackers shut down British power plant for four days in major cyberattack.

1 hour ago
  • Videos

WATCH: Palestinian man stabs Israeli in Jordan Valley terror attack

An Israeli man was moderately wounded when a terrorist stabbed him near Jericho in the…

1 hour ago
  • Israel News

Former spy Jonathan Pollard joins Israeli political party

Pollard's alignment with Haskel's party represents a significant development in Israeli politics, particularly given his…

2 hours ago
  • Israel News

Colombia resumes coal exports to Israel

The resumption of coal exports to Israel, alongside the Golan Heights recognition and visa waiver…

2 hours ago
  • Videos

WATCH: Effigies of Trump, Netanyahu hung from gallows in Tehran demonstration

In Tehran's Revolution Square, effigies of President Trump and Prime Minister Netanyahu were hung by…

2 hours ago
  • World News

US refuses to condemn Israeli construction east of Jerusalem, but doubles down on opposition to Judea & Samaria annexation

Trump administration declines to condemn Israel's plans to build neighborhood linking Jerusalem and Ma'ale Adumim,…

2 hours ago