Arab-Israeli Conflict

IDF launches counterterror operation in Hebron

Last week, the army demolished the Hebron home of the terrorist who carried out a deadly attack at Judea’s Gush Etzion Junction on Nov. 18.

By JNS

Israeli security forces overnight Sunday launched a counterterror operation in a Palestinian neighborhood of Hebron, according to the Israel Defense Forces.

The raid in Jabal Johar, which is expected to continue for several days, is aimed at dismantling terror infrastructure, seizing illegal weapons and enhancing local security, the military stated.

The IDF, Israel Police, Border Police and Israel Security Agency (Shin Bet) are taking part in the mission.

“Explosions may be heard and increased movement of IDF forces will be noticeable in the area,” according to the statement. “The security forces will continue to operate to thwart terrorism throughout Judea and Samaria.”

Last week, the army demolished the Hebron home of the terrorist who carried out a deadly attack at Judea’s Gush Etzion Junction on Nov. 18.

Amran al-Atrash was part of a terror cell that perpetrated the attack in which Aharon Cohen, 71, from nearby Kiryat Arba, was killed and three others wounded.

Earlier this month, IDF soldiers arrested several members of a Hebron terrorist cell who had been plotting an attack “in the immediate future.” Two others who were “engaged in the building of terrorist infrastructure” were apprehended in the city.

Share
Published by
Yossi Licht
Tags: Counterterrorism Hebron IDF

Recent Posts

  • Jewish Diaspora & Antisemitism

BBC denies ‘comically antisemitic’ phrase was about Jews

Lord Eric Pickles called the BBC's decision not to classify the remark as antisemitic “beyond…

32 minutes ago
  • Jewish Diaspora & Antisemitism

Thai police target Israelis, arrest Ko Samui real estate developer

Thai police issued warrants for 25 Israelis as part of a broader crackdown on suspected…

1 hour ago
  • World News

Tucker Carlson claims Israel pushed him to falsely accuse Hunter Biden of keeping child porn on laptop

Tucker Carlson says Israel to blame for his false reporting on about Hunter Biden's now…

2 hours ago
  • WhatsApp Brief

Britain threatens Israel with new sanctions over 1,234-home Jerusalem-area project

Britain is threatening new sanctions against Israel after Jerusalem issued a tender for 1,234 homes…

3 hours ago
  • Middle East

‘Don’t’ – Netanyahu warned Turkey not to deploy forces to Syria

Israel will not tolerate Turkish military presence in Syria, says Prime Minister Netanyahu, adding that…

3 hours ago
  • WhatsApp Brief

Trump puts $206 million behind Gaza force to disarm Hamas — but Israel won’t leave until the guns are gone

President Donald Trump is putting more than $206 million behind an international force for Gaza,…

3 hours ago