Smoke rises from an Israeli air strike in southern Lebanon, as seen from the Israeli side of the border, March 22, 2025. (Photo by Ayal Margolin/Flash90)
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu reportedly received a green light from U.S. President Donald Trump at Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach, Fla., on Dec. 29 to restart the military campaign against Hezbollah.
By JNS
The Israel Defense Forces attacked Hezbollah targets across Lebanon on Thursday in response to the Iranian-backed terrorist organization’s “repeated violations of the ceasefire,” the military said.
Included were Hezbollah weapons depots across southern Lebanon, signaling zero tolerance for the group’s military rebuilding.
Hezbollah started attacking the Jewish state’s north on Oct. 8, 2023, one day after the Hamas-led terrorist massacre in the south, opening a second front on the country’s borders that lasted until a U.S.-brokered ceasefire between Beirut and Jerusalem entered into effect on Nov. 27, 2024.
The truce terms required Hezbollah to be disarmed, starting in regions adjacent to the border, with the Lebanese Armed Forces mandated to establish a monopoly over weapons in the country under the terms of the ceasefire agreement and a subsequent Lebanese Cabinet decision.
The Israeli Prime Minister’s Office, in a Jan. 8 statement, said that while Beirut’s efforts were “an encouraging beginning,” they were “far from sufficient” given Hezbollah’s Iranian-aided rearmament efforts.
“The ceasefire agreement brokered by the United States between Israel and Lebanon states clearly, Hezbollah must be fully disarmed. This is imperative for Israel’s security and Lebanon’s future,” Jerusalem said.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu reportedly received a green light from U.S. President Donald Trump at Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach, Fla., on Dec. 29 to restart the military campaign against Hezbollah.
On Sunday, the IDF conducted strikes throughout Southern Lebanon in response to what it described as Hezbollah’s “continuous violations” of the ceasefire, killing terrorists and destroying terrorist “military” sites.
According to the IDF statement, it notified the Lebanese Armed Forces of the existence of one of the underground Hezbollah sites last week, but the LAF failed to dismantle it as required by the ceasefire deal.
An Israeli man was moderately wounded when a terrorist stabbed him near Jericho in the…
Pollard's alignment with Haskel's party represents a significant development in Israeli politics, particularly given his…
The resumption of coal exports to Israel, alongside the Golan Heights recognition and visa waiver…
In Tehran's Revolution Square, effigies of President Trump and Prime Minister Netanyahu were hung by…
Trump administration declines to condemn Israel's plans to build neighborhood linking Jerusalem and Ma'ale Adumim,…
Israel needs to change its mindset and look at the drone as a munition, more…