Arab-Israeli Conflict

Israeli security cabinet votes to prevent collapse of the Palestinian Authority

According to the decision, “Israel will act to prevent the collapse of the Palestinian Authority,” while demanding that the PA cease its anti-Israel activity.

By World Israel News Staff

Israel’s security cabinet – by a majority of eight to one, with one abstention – voted Sunday evening to prevent the collapse of the Palestinian Authority, adopting a draft decision submitted by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

“In the absence of a change in the national assessment, Israel will act to prevent the collapse of the Palestinian Authority, while demanding that it cease its anti-Israel activity in the international legal-diplomatic arena, the incitement in its media and education system, the payments to the families of terrorists and murderers, and the illegal construction in Area C,” the statement reads.

However, PA President Mahmoud Abbas’s ruling Fatah party has called for an “armed intifada” that would include indiscriminate attacks on Israeli targets all over the country.

In a recently published announcement, the Al Aqsa Martyrs’ Brigades, Fatah’s military wing, told members that the organization has received orders to escalate tensions with Israel and to prepare for “open warfare…

“We call on all of our fighters and military cells, in every place in the West Bank, to attack the Zionist enemy and all of its components, including within the fragile heart of the entity, Tel Aviv.

The Palestinian Authority is reportedly on the verge of bankruptcy. According to Israel’s assessment, the collapse of the PA, despite its hostility, would lead to greater instability in Judea and Samaria.

“We need the Palestinian Authority. We cannot allow it to collapse. We also do not want it to collapse. We are ready to help it financially. We have an interest in the PA continuing to work. Where it succeeds in operating, it does the job for us. And we have no interest in seeing it fall,” Netanyahu stated last week.

‘Calls for refusal to serve condemned’

According to a Security Cabinet statement Sunday evening, the other proposals raised by Prime Minister Netanyahu were accepted unanimously:

– The security services will continue to take determined action to thwart terrorism.

– The prime minister and the defense minister will submit, to the Security Cabinet, steps to stabilize the civil situation in the Palestinian sector.

Furthermore, regarding protests against the government’s planned judicial overhaul, “the Security Cabinet unanimously supports the defense minister’s statement that the calls for refusal to serve severely harm the security of Israel and must be condemned, and that the security services must be left out of the political discourse.

Share
Published by
Atara Beck
Tags: anti-government protest Benjamin Netanyahu Fatah Incitement to terror Mahmoud Abbas Palestinian Authority Palestinian terror Palestinian terror funding

Recent Posts

  • Middle East

Netanyahu rips ‘antisemitic dictator’ after Turkey seeks to arrest him and dozens of Israeli officials

Netanyahu turns the tables on Erdogan, pointing to his treatment of the Kurds, support for…

11 hours ago
  • World News

Pentagon spokesperson denies munitions shortage following Iran operations

Parnell: 'America’s military remains the most powerful fighting force on earth.'

20 hours ago
  • World News

Female Muslim convert charged with planning massive bomb attack on NY State Capitol

The suspect posted anti-American messages online, including 'Praise be to Allah for September 11th.'

21 hours ago
  • Arab-Israeli Conflict

Father of 2022 Tel Aviv terrorist killed after attempted stabbing of Israeli soldier in Jenin

The IDF said Central Command and the Judea and Samaria Division are carrying out a…

21 hours ago
  • Videos

WATCH: Inside the 44 year search for fallen IDF soldier Yehuda Katz

After 44 years of uncertainty, a covert intelligence operation in Syria recovered his remains, closing…

22 hours ago
  • Middle East

Iran’s leaders fear another uprising and the return of the ‘Suppression Sheikh’ proves it

Even as the Islamic Republic fights an external war, its leadership appears to be preparing…

23 hours ago