The Punggye-ri nuclear test site in North Korea. (Airbus Defense and Space/38 North via AP)
North Korea has apparently begun to dismantle its nuclear test site ahead of the summit between President Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un.
By: AP
US researchers say recent satellite imagery shows that North Korea has begun dismantling facilities at its nuclear test site.
An analysis Monday by the 38 North website says commercial imagery taken last week shows that several operational support buildings have been razed and rails for mining carts have apparently been removed.
North Korea says it will dismantle its Punggye-ri test site between May 23 and 25 in the presence of local and international media. The site has been used for each of its six underground nuclear test explosions.
South Korea’s president on Monday welcomed the announcement as the beginning of North Korea’s nuclear disarmament. It comes ahead of a historic US-North Korea summit.
The analysis says no tunnel entrances at the test site appear to have been permanently closed yet.
President Trump's envoy to Syria accuses Israel of bombing Syrian airbase, denouncing the attack as…
Despite claims by Israeli leaders to the contrary, the IDF has reportedly withdrawn from large…
Jared Kushner says progress in Gaza disarmament could start in as little as one to…
Top Trump administration official says US is able to get 8-9 million barrels of oil…
Bar Harel, an Israeli PhD student who was studying in Portugal, endured severe antisemitic abuse…
Hamas celebrates after President Trump declares that given Board of Peace efforts to move forward…