Source-WIN

IDF addresses rising tensions as rumors swirl

The chief of staff has ordered increased defensive readiness across all units and stressed that the military is prepared for any scenario.

By World Israel News Staff

As regional tensions sharpened amid mounting speculation about a possible confrontation with Iran, the Israel Defense Forces moved Wednesday to address a surge of reports and online chatter, saying it is closely monitoring developments and remains fully prepared.

IDF spokesperson Effie Defrin said the military has been conducting continuous situation assessments in recent days as the volume of unverified reports has grown.

“I am aware of the publications over the past day, and especially over the last few hours,” Defrin said, emphasizing that the IDF is tracking developments closely.

He noted that the chief of staff has ordered increased defensive readiness across all units and stressed that the military is prepared for any scenario.

Defrin also sought to reassure the public, saying there has been no change to Home Front Command guidelines. He urged Israelis to rely solely on official IDF statements and to avoid spreading rumors that could unnecessarily alarm the public.

The clarification came as rumors of an imminent U.S. strike on Iran dominated media coverage, driving up regional tensions.

Earlier in the week, Iranian leaders had already issued stark warnings. Speaking before Iran’s parliament, Speaker Mohammad Baqer Qalibaf said that any attack on Iran would draw a direct response, declaring Israeli targets and U.S. military bases across the region “legitimate targets.”

Iranian leaders have also blamed Israel and the United States for the protests sweeping the country.

Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi accused both of fueling the unrest and vowed retaliation, asserting that the situation has moved beyond demonstrations. “What is happening now is no longer protest,” he said. “It is a terrorist war against our country.”

As tensions rise and speculation continues to circulate online, the IDF said its focus remains on readiness and vigilance rather than rhetoric.

“We are in full monitoring mode and prepared for any development,” Defrin said, adding that updates would be issued if circumstances change.

For now, the military emphasized, there is no impact on civilian routines, even as regional uncertainty remains high.

Share
Published by
Yoel Stavsky
Tags: Abbas Araghchi Effie Defrin Iran threat

Recent Posts

  • WhatsApp Brief

Enough about Israel: Hochul urges Mamdani to focus on governing New York

New York Governor Kathy Hochul urged Mayor Zohran Mamdani to spend less time attacking Israel…

3 hours ago
  • World News

US plans to bar Mahmoud Abbas from attending UN General Assembly for second year

Abbas has sought Turkey’s assistance in an effort to persuade Washington to reverse the planned…

12 hours ago
  • World News

European powers condemn E1 plan, warn of sanctions against Israel

The countries also called on Israel to end settlement expansion in Judea and Samaria.

13 hours ago
  • Videos

WATCH: Ambassador Huckabee praises the resilience of the Israeli people

US Ambassador Mike Huckabee said Israel's thriving economy, booming construction, and unshakable national resolve prove…

15 hours ago
  • World News

Abdul El-Sayed’s secret bookshelf features works from WTC bombing ‘unindicted co-conspirator’ and radical Islamic scholars

The collection of books on El-Sayed's bookshelf reflects his scholarly interest in Islam, including in…

15 hours ago
  • Israel News

IDF marks seven decades of global humanitarian relief efforts

In 1985, roughly 350 IDF reservists, including medical, search and rescue, and engineering teams, were…

15 hours ago