IDF addresses rising tensions as rumors swirl January 15, 2026 IDF Spokesperson Effie Defrin. (YouTube Screenshot)(YouTube Screenshot)IDF addresses rising tensions as rumors swirl Tweet Join Group Join WhatsApp Group Email https://worldisraelnews.com/idf-addresses-rising-tensions-as-rumors-swirl/ Email Print The chief of staff has ordered increased defensive readiness across all units and stressed that the military is prepared for any scenario. By World Israel News Staff As regional tensions sharpened amid mounting speculation about a possible confrontation with Iran, the Israel Defense Forces moved Wednesday to address a surge of reports and online chatter, saying it is closely monitoring developments and remains fully prepared. IDF spokesperson Effie Defrin said the military has been conducting continuous situation assessments in recent days as the volume of unverified reports has grown. “I am aware of the publications over the past day, and especially over the last few hours,” Defrin said, emphasizing that the IDF is tracking developments closely. He noted that the chief of staff has ordered increased defensive readiness across all units and stressed that the military is prepared for any scenario. Defrin also sought to reassure the public, saying there has been no change to Home Front Command guidelines. He urged Israelis to rely solely on official IDF statements and to avoid spreading rumors that could unnecessarily alarm the public. The clarification came as rumors of an imminent U.S. strike on Iran dominated media coverage, driving up regional tensions. Earlier in the week, Iranian leaders had already issued stark warnings. Speaking before Iran’s parliament, Speaker Mohammad Baqer Qalibaf said that any attack on Iran would draw a direct response, declaring Israeli targets and U.S. military bases across the region “legitimate targets.” Read Iran's foreign minister says he narrowly escaped Israeli strikeIranian leaders have also blamed Israel and the United States for the protests sweeping the country. Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi accused both of fueling the unrest and vowed retaliation, asserting that the situation has moved beyond demonstrations. “What is happening now is no longer protest,” he said. “It is a terrorist war against our country.” As tensions rise and speculation continues to circulate online, the IDF said its focus remains on readiness and vigilance rather than rhetoric. “We are in full monitoring mode and prepared for any development,” Defrin said, adding that updates would be issued if circumstances change. For now, the military emphasized, there is no impact on civilian routines, even as regional uncertainty remains high. Abbas AraghchiEffie DefrinIran threat