Arab-Israeli Conflict

IDF destroys rocket launchers located in Khan Yunis humanitarian zone

The IDF emphasized that it confirmed that noncombatants were evacuated from the area before the precision strikes were conducted.

By JNS

Israeli Air Force fighter jets in recent days attacked three Hamas rocket launchers embedded in the humanitarian zone in western Khan Yunis in the southern Gaza Strip, the military said on Monday.

The posts were used to fire at southern Israel throughout the war, which entered into its seventh month on Sunday.

No civilians were harmed during the operation. The IDF emphasized that it confirmed that noncombatants were evacuated from the area before the precision strikes were conducted.

“This is another example of Hamas’ exploitation of humanitarian compounds and areas for its terrorist activities and its use of the civilian population as a human shield,” the IDF said.

Infographic of the rocket launchers embedded in the humanitarian area of western Khan Yunis, southern Gaza. Credit: IDF.

On Monday, a rocket fired from the Gaza Strip exploded in an open area near Kibbutz Re’im in the Eshkol region. There were no casualties or damage reported.

On Sunday, three launches were identified from Khan Yunis shortly after it was reported that Israeli ground forces had completely left the southern Gaza Strip after a four-month operation in the city, a former Hamas stronghold.

The enemy projectiles hit open areas.

“Following this, IAF aircraft struck the post from which the launches were carried out, along with additional terrorist infrastructure located in the vicinity of the launch post,” the military said.

Share
Published by
Yossi Licht
Tags: airstrike humanitarian zone IDF rocket launchers

Recent Posts

  • Israel News

IDF marks seven decades of global humanitarian relief efforts

In 1985, roughly 350 IDF reservists, including medical, search and rescue, and engineering teams, were…

10 minutes ago
  • Videos

WATCH: ‘We prepared 5,000 graves for US invaders,’ says Iranian cemetery official

Tehran public cemetery director Mohammad-Javad Tajik stated that the regime dug 5,000 graves in the…

22 minutes ago
  • Arab-Israeli Conflict

No green light granted to entry of int’l force into Gaza, Israel says

The Trump administration notified Congress last month that it would provide more than $206 million…

35 minutes ago
  • Israel News

Funding dispute may close down Hebron’s Tomb of the Patriarchs

The site has relied in part on coalition agreement funds that were not formally incorporated…

48 minutes ago
  • Videos

WATCH: US Treasury Secretary lays out ‘greatest coordinated economic isolation in history’

US Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent revealed how the United States and its allies are going…

60 minutes ago
  • Analysis & Opinion

Palestinians’ preferred leaders: A convicted Fatah terrorist or Hamas

If legislative elections were held today, Fatah would receive 32% of the votes, and Hamas's…

1 hour ago