World News

Iran implicated in hacking of Trump campaign

Iran denies allegations leveled by Trump spokesperson, after campaign claims it was hacked by Iranian agents.

By World Israel News Staff

Former President Donald Trump’s 2024 presidential campaign was hacked recently, Politico reported Saturday, after the media outlet claims it received internal campaign documents sent to it by an anonymous email account.

Beginning on July 22nd, Politico received emails from an AOL account under the name “Robert,” relaying internal communications from a top Trump campaign official.

According to the report, the documents included internal campaign researcher on Ohio Senator J.D. Vance, prior to his selection as Trump’s running mate for the 2024 presidential election.

Two sources contacted by Politico verified that the documents were authentic, with one source saying that the dossier was a preliminary version of the campaign’s vetting file for Vance.

Trump campaign spokesman Steven Cheung confirmed Saturday that the former president’s campaign data had been hacked, claiming that a report from Microsoft had implicated Iranian-linked hackers.

“These documents were obtained illegally from foreign sources hostile to the United States, intended to interfere with the 2024 election and sow chaos throughout our Democratic process,” Cheung said.

“On Friday, a new report from Microsoft found that Iranian hackers broke into the account of a ‘high ranking official’ on the U.S. presidential campaign in June 2024, which coincides with the close timing of President Trump’s selection of a vice presidential nominee.”

“The Iranians know that President Trump will stop their reign of terror just like he did in his first four years in the White House.”

On Saturday, Trump posted a message to the Truth Social social media outlet, claiming that Iranian hackers targeted his campaign because “our Government is Weak and Ineffective.”

“We were just informed by Microsoft Corporation that one of our many websites was hacked by the Iranian Government – Never a nice thing to do!”

“They were only able to get publicly available information but, nevertheless, they shouldn’t be doing anything of this nature. Iran and others will stop at nothing, because our Government is Weak and Ineffective, but it won’t be for long. What Iran doesn’t realize is that I will make the World a better and safer place, and that’s good for them, also!”

Share
Published by
David Rosenberg
Tags: Donald Trump Iran Iranian hackers

Recent Posts

  • Middle East

Netanyahu rips ‘antisemitic dictator’ after Turkey seeks to arrest him and dozens of Israeli officials

Netanyahu turns the tables on Erdogan, pointing to his treatment of the Kurds, support for…

48 minutes ago
  • World News

Pentagon spokesperson denies munitions shortage following Iran operations

Parnell: 'America’s military remains the most powerful fighting force on earth.'

9 hours ago
  • World News

Female Muslim convert charged with planning massive bomb attack on NY State Capitol

The suspect posted anti-American messages online, including 'Praise be to Allah for September 11th.'

10 hours ago
  • Arab-Israeli Conflict

Father of 2022 Tel Aviv terrorist killed after attempted stabbing of Israeli soldier in Jenin

The IDF said Central Command and the Judea and Samaria Division are carrying out a…

11 hours ago
  • Videos

WATCH: Inside the 44 year search for fallen IDF soldier Yehuda Katz

After 44 years of uncertainty, a covert intelligence operation in Syria recovered his remains, closing…

12 hours ago
  • Middle East

Iran’s leaders fear another uprising and the return of the ‘Suppression Sheikh’ proves it

Even as the Islamic Republic fights an external war, its leadership appears to be preparing…

12 hours ago