Middle East

Saudi Arabia, Qatar expel Iranian diplomats and officials

Saudi Arabia warns it will take “all necessary measures” to protect its people and resources from Iranian aggression.

By World Israel News Staff

The Gulf kingdoms of Saudi Arabia and Qatar have expelled Iranian diplomats and officials, citing continued Iranian attacks, including strikes on critical energy infrastructure.

On Saturday, the Saudi Foreign Ministry announced that the “military attaché of the Embassy of the Islamic Republic of Iran to the Kingdom, the assistant military attaché and three members of the mission staff” had been declared persona non grata and were given 24 hours to leave the country.

“The Kingdom also affirms that it will not hesitate to take all necessary measures to preserve its sovereignty, safeguard its security, and protect its territory, airspace, citizens, residents, resources, and interests,” the ministry said in a statement posted to its official X account.

Iran’s aggression against its neighbors has strained diplomatic ties across the region and rattled global markets. The latest attacks mark a sharp deterioration in ties between Tehran and Riyadh, just three years after a China-brokered agreement restored diplomatic ties following nearly a decade of severed relations.

“What little trust there was before has completely been shattered,” Saudi Foreign Minister Faisal bin Farhan said on Wednesday during a conference with Gulf states addressing Iran’s attacks.

“We’re going to use every lever we have — political, economic, diplomatic and otherwise — to get those attacks to stop,” Prince Faisal said, adding that the repeated strikes are “the clearest signal of how Iran feels about diplomacy… It tries to pressure its neighbors, and that’s not going to work.”

Since the outbreak of the U.S.-Israel war with Iran, Tehran has launched repeated attacks on neighboring Gulf nations, arguing that such actions are justified because those countries host U.S. military bases.

However, despite claiming to target military sites, Iran has repeatedly struck airports and other civilian infrastructure, along with oil and energy facilities across the region.

Last week, after Iran attacked a natural gas field in Qatar — the largest in the world — Doha ordered Iranian military and security officials to immediately leave the country.

Share
Published by
Lauren Marcus
Tags: oil prices Operation Epic Fury Operation Roaring Lion Qatar Saudi Arabia

Recent Posts

  • Middle East

Netanyahu rips ‘antisemitic dictator’ after Turkey seeks to arrest him and dozens of Israeli officials

Netanyahu turns the tables on Erdogan, pointing to his treatment of the Kurds, support for…

16 hours ago
  • World News

Pentagon spokesperson denies munitions shortage following Iran operations

Parnell: 'America’s military remains the most powerful fighting force on earth.'

1 day ago
  • World News

Female Muslim convert charged with planning massive bomb attack on NY State Capitol

The suspect posted anti-American messages online, including 'Praise be to Allah for September 11th.'

1 day ago
  • Arab-Israeli Conflict

Father of 2022 Tel Aviv terrorist killed after attempted stabbing of Israeli soldier in Jenin

The IDF said Central Command and the Judea and Samaria Division are carrying out a…

1 day ago
  • Videos

WATCH: Inside the 44 year search for fallen IDF soldier Yehuda Katz

After 44 years of uncertainty, a covert intelligence operation in Syria recovered his remains, closing…

1 day ago
  • Middle East

Iran’s leaders fear another uprising and the return of the ‘Suppression Sheikh’ proves it

Even as the Islamic Republic fights an external war, its leadership appears to be preparing…

1 day ago