Middle East

Trump: I have a good relationship with Netanyahu

President Trump contradicts recent report claiming tensions rising between him and Israel’s prime minister, adding that he is not influenced by other leaders in his decisions on Iran negotiations.

By David Rosenberg, World Israel News

President Donald Trump said he has a good relationship with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, pushing back against reports of growing friction between the two leaders over the war with Iran and efforts to reach a new agreement with Tehran.

Trump made the remarks Sunday in a phone interview with Axios after speaking with Netanyahu about Iran’s response to the latest US draft agreement aimed at ending the war.

“It was a very nice call. We have a good relationship,” Trump said of Netanyahu.

The comment came a day after The Guardian published an analysis describing emerging tensions in the Trump-Netanyahu alliance, citing Israeli and US-linked sources who said the relationship had been strained by the course of the Iran war and the US push for diplomacy.

Netanyahu has publicly stated he is in “full coordination” with Trump, even as Israeli officials complained that Washington was no longer fully consulting Israel on talks with Iran, The Guardian reported.

Trump’s latest comments appeared to contradict that account, though he also made clear that the Iran negotiations remain under his control.

The negotiations are “my situation, not everybody else’s,” Trump said.

Trump told Axios he opposed Iran’s response to the US proposal, saying Tehran had failed to meet Washington’s expectations.

“I don’t like their letter. It’s inappropriate. I don’t like their response,” he said.

Shortly after the interview, Trump wrote on Truth Social that Iran’s response was “TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!”

Iranian state media said Tehran’s reply focused on ending the war, lifting US sanctions and securing guarantees that fighting would not resume. Tasnim, a news agency affiliated with the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, said Iran also demanded management of the Strait of Hormuz and an immediate end to the US naval blockade upon signing an initial memorandum.

Axios reported that Iranian state media did not specify what nuclear concessions, if any, Tehran was prepared to make.

Share
Published by
David Rosenberg
Tags: Benjamin Netanyahu Donald Trump Iran

Recent Posts

  • World News

Iran has lost control over 80 percent of Hormuz traffic: Report

Tehran's threats to impose transit fees appear to have failed as commercial ships increasingly bypass…

13 minutes ago
  • World News

US imposes sanctions on ICC president, senior lawyer

Trump administration sanctions ICC president and senior prosecutor involved in the case against Israeli Prime…

26 minutes ago
  • Jewish Diaspora & Antisemitism

Antisemitic ‘King of Instagram’ who backed war on Israel nets 19% in GOP primary

Woke Right anti-Israel candidates lose GOP primaries for Florida governor and House races - but…

1 hour ago
  • WhatsApp Brief

US races to prevent Israel-Turkey clash after Syria strikes

The United States is working to establish a military deconfliction mechanism between Israel, Turkey and…

3 hours ago
  • Arab-Israeli Conflict

Ben-Gvir: Israel is building death row wing, hanging facility for terrorists

A resident of the area who intentionally kills someone in a terrorist attack is subject…

8 hours ago
  • Source-WIN

Israel Confirms Syria Strike After Damascus Ignored Warnings

'Israel will not tolerate threats to its security, and would welcome a return to the…

9 hours ago