Molotov cocktails found in the backpack of Joseph Neumeyer, who attempted to bomb the US Consulate in Tel Aviv. (Screenshot/X)
A dual US-German citizen was arrested in New York after being deported from Israel for attempting to “burn down” the US Consulate in Tel Aviv.
By World Israel News Staff
A man with American and German citizenship who planned to bomb the US Consulate in Tel Aviv was arrested after he was deported to New York by Israeli authorities.
Joseph Neumeyer, a 28-year-old Colorado native who entered Israel last month on a tourist visa, spat on a guard at the consulate in an unprovoked attack last week.
The guard attempted to detain Neumeyer, but he fled. A backpack carried by Neumeyer, which was left behind at the scene, contained flammable materials, including three Molotov cocktails.
Hours later, Neumeyer was arrested by the Israel Police in his Tel Aviv hotel room. After several days in Israeli custody, he was deported to the US.
He was arrested by American authorities upon landing at John F. Kennedy Airport in New York City on Sunday.
Shortly before he spat on the guard at the consulate, Neumeyer wrote “join me this afternoon in Tel Aviv we are burning down the US embassy.”
Neumyer also wrote in a separate post “death to America. Death to Americans and f—k the west.”
US Attorney General Pam Bondi said that Neumeyer had also planned to assassinate President Donald Trump and entrepreneur Elon Musk.
Washington will not “tolerate violence in our homeland or violence targeting US interests abroad.” Bondi said in a media statement.
“This defendant is charged with planning a devastating attack targeting our embassy in Israel, threatening death to Americans, and President Trump’s life,” the release continued.
“The Department will not tolerate such violence and will prosecute this defendant to the fullest extent of the law.”
Neumeyer is facing federal charges for attempting to destroy US government property by fire or explosive, according to an unsealed criminal complaint in the Eastern District of New York.
Various threats Neumeyer made on his Facebook account were included in the indictment, such as “We are killing Trump and Musk now,” “Death to Trump,” and “I will hunt down and kill you both.”
Netanyahu turns the tables on Erdogan, pointing to his treatment of the Kurds, support for…
Parnell: 'America’s military remains the most powerful fighting force on earth.'
The suspect posted anti-American messages online, including 'Praise be to Allah for September 11th.'
The IDF said Central Command and the Judea and Samaria Division are carrying out a…
After 44 years of uncertainty, a covert intelligence operation in Syria recovered his remains, closing…
Even as the Islamic Republic fights an external war, its leadership appears to be preparing…