Sydney Chanukah terrorists threw bombs at crowd, trained for massacre December 22, 2025 Emergency workers transport a person on a stretcher after a reported shooting at Bondi Beach in Sydney, Sunday, Dec. 14, 2025. (AP Photo/Mark Baker)(AP Photo/Mark Baker)Sydney Chanukah terrorists threw bombs at crowd, trained for massacre Tweet Join Group Join WhatsApp Group Email https://worldisraelnews.com/sydney-chanukah-terrorists-threw-bombs-at-crowd-trained-for-the-massacre/ Email Print The father-son pair behind the slaughter of 15 people at a Sydney Chanukah event threw bombs into the crowd that failed to detonate, police say. By World Israel News Staff The two terrorists who shot and killed 15 people at a Chanukah celebration in Sydney, Australia, last Sunday also threw at least four bombs into the crowd, police said, though all four explosive devices failed to detonate. On Monday, police filed statements with a New South Wales court providing details about the preparations for and execution of last week’s attack. Authorities said that the perpetrators, identified as Naveed Akram, 24, and Sajid Akram, 50, had trained with firearms together in New South Wales outside Sydney before the attack. The pair also recorded a video message before the attack in which they condemned “Zionists” and signaled their allegiance to the terror group ISIS, filming the video in front of an Islamic State flag. In the video, the two recited a passage from the Quran, police said. “Following the recitation, both the accused and [his father] speak in English and make a number of statements about their motivation for the Bondi attack and condemning the acts of ‘Zionists.’” While Naveed and Sajid used six different firearms to gun down their victims, killing 15 and wounding dozens, they also threw at least four bombs into the crowd at Bondi Beach. Read Australia summons Israeli envoy as dispute over aid workers' deaths deepensHowever, none of the devices exploded. Police informed the court that the father and son had “meticulously planned” their attack on the Chanukah event over the course of months. “The accused and his father are seen throughout the video firing shotguns and moving in a tactical manner,” police said in their statement to the court. Security camera footage taken from Bondi Beach after the attack revealed that the two terrorists had visited the area two days before the massacre to find the ideal shooting locations from which to target the pavilion. AustraliaISISSydney attackSydney terror attack