Bob Bland apologized for sharing an accusation on social media against the Jewish establishment, originally posted by Jesse Rabinowitz, who worked for J Street.
By World Israel News Staff
Bob Bland, a co-chair of the 2017 Women’s March, has apologized for sharing a social media post which accused the “American Jewish establishment” of bearing responsibility for the attacks on two New Zealand mosques earlier this month, in which 50 people were killed.
The Facebook post said: “The same language and hate that folks spew against Sisters Linda Sarsour and Ilhan Omar killed 54 Muslims in New Zealand. You can’t stand in solidarity with the Muslim community and simultaneously disavow Muslim women for speaking their truths. American Jewish Establishment, I’m looking at you.”
It was posted by Jesse Rabinowitz, who lists on his Facebook account that he worked for J Street.
This past weekend, Bland apologized for sharing the post.
“It has come to my attention that some people are upset that I shared Jesse’s post. I was juggling two kids on a Sunday and not being mindful. I’m sorry. I do agree with the first two sentences that Jesse said, except I would extend it to all establishment politicians of both parties, of any or no faith. Words matter and I should have clarified,” said Bland in a comment on the Facebook post.
“If I had time, I would have also said that white Christian supremacy is the real threat,” she wrote.
“What all the recent terrorists have in common are a shared ideology of anti-Blackness, Islamophobia, anti-Semitism, and xenophobia. Again, my apologies and I will be more considerate in the future,” she concluded