Israel identifies shift in Iranian missile strategy March 2, 2026 Anti-missile system fires over the skies of Tel Aviv as Iran fires ballistic missiles at Israel. on June 15 2025. (Photo by Matanya Tausig/Flash90)(Photo by Matanya Tausig/Flash90)Israel identifies shift in Iranian missile strategy Tweet Join Group Join WhatsApp Group Email https://worldisraelnews.com/israel-identifies-shift-in-iranian-missile-strategy/ Email Print Iran appears to be attempting to launch dozens of projectiles at once, indicating an ongoing learning process as Iranian forces adapt their tactics. By World Israel News Staff Israeli defense officials said Monday that Iran has changed both the pace and character of its missile attacks over the past 24 hours, moving toward larger and more coordinated launch waves as the confrontation continues. According to IDF assessments, recent barrages have included between nine and 30 missiles fired in a single wave, reflecting what officials describe as a transition away from earlier sporadic launches toward more organized and synchronized attacks. Military sources said the pattern increasingly resembles previous large-scale Iranian firing methods seen during earlier confrontations, as Tehran attempts to generate simultaneous threats capable of challenging Israel’s layered air defense systems. Officials said Iran appears to be attempting to launch dozens of projectiles at once, indicating an ongoing learning process as Iranian forces adapt their tactics. The largest barrage so far occurred Sunday, when approximately 30 missiles were launched simultaneously toward Israeli territory, marking the most extensive coordinated strike since the current escalation began. Israel has endured several consecutive days of missile attacks following joint Israeli and U.S. strikes carried out Saturday against Iranian targets. Since then, repeated barrages have triggered sirens across wide areas of the country, causing multiple deaths and injuries and forcing millions of Israelis to repeatedly seek shelter. In response to the evolving threat, the IDF announced that Home Front Command civilian protection measures are being extended following a renewed situational assessment. An IDF spokesperson said the current defensive guidelines will remain in effect until Wednesday, March 4, 2026, at 8 p.m., as security officials prepare for the likelihood of continued missile fire in the coming days. Under the extended directives, public gatherings remain prohibited, workplaces are closed except for essential services, and all educational activities remain suspended nationwide. The decision reflects the expectation that Iran will continue attempting coordinated mass launches, requiring civilians to remain close to protected spaces while Israeli air defenses and the Air Force continue interception and counterstrike operations. Iran missile attackMissile defense systemsOperation Roaring Lion