2 Arabs charged for aiding terrorists in murder of Israeli policewoman

Two Arabs were charged with negligent homicide for their part in a recent terror attack in Jerusalem that resulted in the death of a young policewoman.

An Jerusalem Arab with Israeli citizenship and a Palestinian were charged Wednesday with negligent homicide for their part in the terror attack in the capital last month in which Policewoman Staff Sergeant Hadas Malka was murdered.

Arrested shortly after the attack, they are suspected of having illegally driven undocumented Palestinians into Jerusalem, including the terrorists.

“Anyone who drives illegal aliens into Israeli territory needs to know and expect that a terrorist may be among them, seeking to carry out an attack, meaning that on a certain level he is an accomplice to the terror attack and its severe consequences,” police said in a statement.

“This is the third time that the police has been able to establish enough evidence to indict drivers of illegals with negligent homicide, after they illegally smuggled into Israel Palestinians who went on to carry out terror attacks,” the statement continued.

The police underscored that they “will reach anyone who was involved in any way, whether directly or indirectly, in terror attacks and will work to prosecute them to the full extent of the law.”

In related news, the IDF informed the family of one the terrorists on Tuesday that their home in Deir Abu Mash’al was slated for demolition. The family was given 72 hours to appeal the decision.

Read  Terrorists who murdered Elan Ganeles captured

Malka was killed in late June during a double terror attack at the Damascus Gate at the entrance to the Old City.

In the first attack, two terrorists shot at a police patrol at the Damascus Gate and attempted to stab the officers. Both terrorists were shot dead by police.

In the second incident, a terrorist stabbed Malka, 23, as she and her patrol heard shooting and ran toward the scene of the first attack. Malka suffered critical injuries and was taken to Hadassah Mt. Scopus Hospital, where she died of her wounds. Here, too, police killed the terrorist.

By: Aryeh Savir, World Israel News