Hezbollah-affiliated group sends death threats to top Israelis, including the PM

The “Galilee Forces” published a video with Benjamin Netanyahu, Internal Security Minister Itamar Ben-Gvir and others in their crosshairs.

By Batya Jerenberg, World Israel News

A Hezbollah-affiliated terror group sent death threats to top Israelis, including Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, in a video distributed online Monday.

In the less than one-minute clip accompanied by militaristic Arabic music and singing, the “Galilee Forces – Lone Wolves” showed the images of Netanyahu, Internal Security Minister Itamar Ben-Gvir, MK Zvi Sukkot and Samaria Regional Council head Yossi Dagan.

The latter three are outspoken right-wingers who have called out not only Hamas as extremist terrorists but included the Palestinian Authority in that category as well.

Blurry images of Sukkot and Ben-Gvir are first seen on separate cellphones lying on a rifle, with a single bullet resting on each one. The four are then shown individually talking in recordings of live clips with each one’s face in the crosshairs of a gun and with blood running down their faces. A small graveyard is displayed suggestively as well.

The messaging, first in Arabic and Hebrew says, “Ready.” Then in Hebrew: “The hidden goal,” and lastly, superimposed on a closeup of a wolf’s face, the words in Arabic: “The targets are ready, and death is very close to you. Indeed, the hour has arrived, and it [Judgment Day] will be harder and more bitter.”

Read  Israeli Finance Minister says Hamas chief sabotaging hostage deal

The video was sent out on Telegram to numerous terror groups in cities such as Jenin and Nablus (Shechem) within the Palestinian Authority.

This is the second time that the Lebanon-based group has threatened Dagan. Eight months ago the group’s first clip said, “We vow that you will die like pigs do – O pig of the Sabbath – your death in Samaria is close.”

For most of the last two years, the Israeli police regard Dagan as being on the highest threat level possible, and therefore he has police protection 24/7, as does his home.

Dagan wasn’t fazed by the latest threat.

“I say to the barbarians: You won’t scare us! We’ll build Samaria even more, as well as our entire country,” he said. “The IDF will hit you hard, we will demolish you…. And we citizens will build further in Samaria, the Gaza envelope and the northern border.”

For good measure, he also added to the building list the Jewish places Israel destroyed in the 2005 Disengagement, which he has advocated returning to in all the years since – the four settlements in northern Samaria and Gush Katif in southern Gaza.

Read  Hostage families slam Netanyahu for insisting on 'total victory', call for his ouster

Sukkot had also been threatened previously by the Galilee Forces, after marching through the terror hotspot of Huwara last March to demonstrate Israeli sovereignty following a few attacks in a row on site in which several Jews were murdered.

He also reacted defiantly in a statement, saying, “Terrorist threats and intimidation will not influence my actions, I will continue to work for the security of the residents of the Judea and Samaria as the chairman of the foreign and security subcommittee for Judea and Samaria.”

The original threat came just two weeks after the terror group took credit for successfully  infiltrating from Lebanon and planting a roadside bomb miles to the south, at the Megiddo Junction, which seriously wounded one motorist.