A senior Israeli official denies Israeli media reports the Trump administration is restricting Israeli construction in Judea and Samaria.
A senior Israeli official on Thursday denied reports that President Donald Trump’s administration has called on Israel to restrict construction in Judea and Samaria.
“The reports concerning…any purported US demands of Israel in talks regarding the settlements are false,” the official said.
The anonymous senior official referred to reports by Israel’s Channel 2 on the meetings last week between Trump’s senior adviser Jason Greenblatt and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. Greenblatt reportedly told Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu that while the Trump administration would not oppose new construction in any part of Jerusalem, it would only accept a set quota of new homes in established Israeli community blocs in Judea and Samaria.
Additionally, the Trump administration reportedly objected to any new homes in “isolated” Jewish Judea and Samaria communities.
On Wednesday Netanyahu said progress was being made in continued talks with the Trump administration on this issue.
By: Jonathan Benedek, World Israel News