Terror Victim Adele Biton, 4, Passes Away

palestinian rock throwers

Adele Biton. (Photo: courtesy of the Biton family)

After an intense battle for life, a four-year-old terror victim succumbs.

Adele Biton, a four-year-old victim who was critically wounded in a 2013 rock-throwing terror attack, died Tuesday.

Adele sustained a critical head injury when a group of Palestinians attacked her family’s car as they were on their way home, causing the car to crash into a truck. All four passengers in the car were wounded. Adele’s mother Adva and four- and five-year-old girls Avigail and Naama were lightly-to-moderately injured. Adele, the youngest daughter, was critically injured, and remained in intensive care for months due to traumatic brain damage. Adele was only two-years-old at that time.

Due to the severity of her injuries, Adele was hospitalized for 18 months in a semi-comatose state at the Beit Levinstein Rehabilitation Hospital in Ra’anana, where she remained partially conscious. She was able to return home only six months ago.

At the time of her release, her mother commented, “Adele is still unconscious, it hurts me to see her confined to a wheelchair, not engaging with the world. She doesn’t laugh, doesn’t eat, doesn’t do anything on her own.” Her grandmother Rachel added, “Every day she was home was a day of joy. Sometimes, over the phone, I even kiss her and talk to her, and she responds with her own kind of signals.”

Read  Female Israeli Border Police officer wounded in Samaria terror attack

Adele was hospitalized on Monday as a result of deterioration in her health, subsequently dying of pneumonia.

Adele Biton

Adele Biton after her injury. (Photo: courtesy of the family)

Her mother stated that she believes the severity of her illness was magnified by the injuries Adele sustained. “There is no doubt that it stems from the neurological damage which she suffered, which makes dealing with all medical issues more difficult. Every little thing puts her body into major stress,” said her mother.

Muawiya Qabha, the Arab medic who saved Adele on the night of the attack, eulogized her as follows: “Words can’t explain the pain I feel and tears are choking my throat. How could a superhero be defeated? It’s just not possible,” he said.

By: Atara Beck, World Israel News