Feds probe antisemitic protest outside NY synagogue November 24, 2025 Assistant Attorney General for Civil Rights Harmeet Dhillon announces suit against anti-Israel synagogue protesters, September 29, 2025. (X)XFeds probe antisemitic protest outside NY synagogue Tweet Join Group Join WhatsApp Group Email https://worldisraelnews.com/feds-probe-antisemitic-protest-outside-ny-synagogue/ Email Print “It’s a federal crime to block access to a house of worship,” says Assistant Attorney General Harmeet Dhillon, announcing criminal investigation into antisemitic mob who harassed Jews attending an event promoting immigration to Israel. By World Israel News Staff The US Department of Justice has launched a criminal investigation into anti-Israel activists who rallied outside the entrance of a New York City synagogue last week to protest an event promoting immigration to Israel. Last Wednesday evening, roughly 200 protesters gathered outside the entrance to a Jewish day school operated by the Park East Synagogue in Manhattan, hurling antisemitic, and in some cases vulgar epithets at Jews attending an immigration fair organized by the Nefesh B’Nefesh organization. On Sunday, Harmeet Dhillon, the Assistant Attorney General for the Civil Rights Division of the Department of Justice, announced that a federal probe of the protest had been opened. “It’s a federal crime to block access to a house of worship in the US,” Dhillon wrote on X. “The Civil Rights Division under Attorney General Pam Bondi will NOT tolerate it and we are gathering information about this incident!” “Investigation is underway. The Justice Dept has zero tolerance for violence/obstruction around any American house of worship.” “Every time we see violence around a house of worship, we take action!” Read WATCH: Spanish sports commentator ignores Israeli athlete during introductionsThe protest was organized by the radical Pal-Awda group, which rejects Israel’s right to exist and has condemned any Jewish presence in Israel. “You f***ing Jewish pricks,” one woman shouted at Jewish passersby. Another protester shouted: “You are a f***ing rapist and racist, the two worst things in the f***ing world.” Some protesters called for the destruction of the State of Israel and violence against Israelis, with chants including “Death to the IDF,” and “Resistance is glorious.” The demonstrators explicitly called for Israel’s destruction, rejecting a two-state solution. “There is only one solution, intifada revolution,” protesters chanted. Other chants included “No peace on stolen land,” and “We don’t want no two states, we want ‘48.” Zohran Mamdani, the mayor-elect of New York, issued a statement which “discouraged” the use of violent rhetoric by the protesters, but failed to condemn the incident, and instead criticized the organizers of the immigration fair. “These sacred spaces should not be used to promote activities in violation of international law,” Mamdani’s spokesperson, Dora Pekec, said on Thursday. Both New York City Mayor Eric Adams and Governor Kathy Hochul condemned the protest. Nefesh B’Nefesh condemned the protest in a statement issued on Sunday. “We are deeply concerned by, and firmly condemn, the violent rhetoric and aggressive behavior that took place outside of the Park East Synagogue.” AntisemitismHarmeet DhillonManhattanNefesh b'NefeshNew YorkNew York City